We are all about supporting ordinary people doing extraordinary things, so when we saw the UK’s heroic NHS and care workers risking their lives to COVID-19 to help others, we knew we had to help.
The ‘Choose our NHS’ and ‘Choose our Carers’ organic cotton tees, designed in collaboration with Katherine Hamnett, are our way of showing love to them. 100% of net profits go to NHS Charities Together and the Care Workers Charity and are matched by ASOS.
Launched on 1 May, we were honoured that so many public figures got behind the campaign and sent us pictures of themselves wearing the tees to show their support.
- 100% of net profits per adult t-shirt will be donated and matched by ASOS. This equates to around £14 (with more details available on ASOS’ website).
- All profits of Choose Our NHS t-shirts will be donated to NHS Charities Together
- All profits of Choose Our Carers t-shirts will be donated to The Care Workers Charity
- Adult blank garments are sourced & produced through Tropics Knits, part of the CIEL group. It is one of ASOS’ longest-standing partners which supplies a large portion of ASOS Design jersey & leisure product
- Tropics, whilst not manufacturing garments during the lockdown, currently has a small workforce producing masks & PPE for COVID-19 at all three of its sites. See: mymask.mu
- Adult garments are made in Mauritius & Madagascar using organic cotton grown in India and are fully Gots certified.
- Printing of adult garments is at Meesha Graphics in U.K. ASOS has worked with Meesha for 8 years. All inks we use are non-hazardous & are fully certified using OEKOTEX Standard 100.
- Meesha is SMETA accredited
- You can read about how ASOS is protecting its UK warehouse staff here.
- You can find out how ASOS is working with its suppliers here.
- You can read ASOS’ Modern Slavery Statement here.
- Kids t-shirts will be available at around the end of May and will be sold on Teemill. We will announce on social media when they’re online